If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, (or eligible New Zealand Citizen) with a partner from overseas, you may be eligible to apply for a partner visa so that you can live together in Australia.

Partner visas are available for de facto and married couples. You will need to demonstrate a genuine and continuing relationship to the exclusion of all others and provide satisfactory evidence to verify your relationship.

Some common issues and questions around partner migration are:

  • How long do we need to be in a relationship before we lodge an application?
  • Should the application be lodged in Australia or overseas? What difference will it make?
  • How to gain enough time living together to demonstrate a genuine and continuing relationship when we both live in different countries?

Preparing a high-quality application with well-prepared evidence will reduce the chance of delays in your application and increase your chance of success.

New Leaf Migration can find the right course for you and your partner to secure your future in Australia.

Contact us today to find out how we can help.

Parent Visas

If you are an Australian permanent resident or citizen, you may be eligible to sponsor your parent from overseas to live in Australia. Parents of Australian citizens or permanent residents can access extended stay visitor visas to enable longer visits. For permanent parent migration, the Australian government requires payment of a substantial visa application charge to cover some of the costs of the services that your parent is likely to access once an Australian resident (such as Medicare).

Common issues that arise with parent visas are:

  • Increased likelihood of failure of health requirement due to older aged applicants.
  • Establishing that the sponsor is ‘settled’ in Australia prior to the standard 2-year policy requirement.
  • Do I apply for a temporary or permanent parent visa? Onshore or offshore?
  • Establishing which children may be included in the balance of family assessment.
  • Can the sponsor meet assurance of support income threshold requirements?

If you want to know more about how we can assist you with your immigration requirements, get in touch with us today.